Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Too Good to be True?

Weeks ago J made plans to go to a concert with his uncle, his brother and his brother’s wife. Last night was the night.

I don’t know how many times I asked J if Brother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law were going to bring their two kiddos with them (ages 3 years and 1 year). He had no answer. What I expected was for Brother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law to bring Niece and Nephew with them and drop them at my house for the night. Joy.

What was actually going to happen was this. Sister-in-Law was working at a weeklong summer camp and had left Niece (3) with my Mother-in-Law and Brother-in-Law was bringing Nephew (1) with him. He was going to take the Nephew with him for the night leaving myself and my kiddo alone for the night.

Too good to be true? Yup! I got a phone call from J who said, “We’re bringing Nephew home to you and then going out.” What?! I didn’t sign up for this. I didn’t even agree to this. It wasn’t even a question. It was just “We are.” Grrrr, Argh!

It’s okay. I’m over it. They brought Nephew and he slept so it wasn’t bad. It’s just the idea of dropping him off and then leaving again and not coming home until . . . 3 AM?

No comments: