Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

A Perfect Getaway? A Perfect Joke.

So, I made it to the movies last week. My choice? A Perfect Getaway.

As I watched the previews for this movie it kind of reminded me of Harper's Island. I really liked Harper's Island and was sad when it ended. So I thought I would give this movie a shot. Plus my cousin suggested that I watch it. I guess I my first clue as to it's quality should have been when she described it as "Funny." I thought it was supposed to be some kind of horror/thriller type of thing?

I get to the theatre. Three people in there (including me). Okay, a few more came in later, but still there were less than two dozen people in all. A sign? I should have taken it as such.

All the previews were for icky, gross looking horror/slasher movies. I don't normally do slasher movies. They just go way too far overboard with the gore. Disgusting! (The only exception to this would be the Scream movies, which for some reason I do like. I think it may be the mystery. You don't know who did it until the end.)

Then the movie started. What ensued was pure ridiculousness! (Is that a word?) I laughed more than anything. Redeeming quality? Timothy Olyphant the "Jedi." I'm pretty sure I won't ever be watching this movie again. I should have gone to see The Time Traveler’s Wife.

No comments: