Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Salem, Massachusetts

Because I’m away for a few days I found it necessary to blog ahead so there would be something to post. Having no inspiration I snuck over to wikipedia and tried a random search. Scary.

Kenmore Square in Boston, Massachusetts.

Well, I don’t know anything about Kenmore Square but I can tell you a bit about Salem, Massachusetts.

My Mom and I took a vacation to Salem and few (okay, it’s been quite a few now) years ago. It was amazing. Actually I was just talking to my husband about it a few days ago. I would love to go back there. Absolutely beautiful!

It’s most well known for the witch trials but there’s more to Salem than that. Nathaniel Hawthorne was born in Salem. There are beautiful beaches and absolutely gorgeous homes.

We rode the trolley around while we were there and our guide recommended we try a “Chop Suey sandwich.” I have to admit, we were skeptical but we did try it and it was excellent. I find myself craving it sometimes. We also toured some historic houses while we were there. That was definitely one of my favorite parts. Who am I kidding? I loved it all.

When we get rich (Uh, huh, yea!), I am absolutely taking my family there again.

4 comments:

Elle said...

I grew up not too far from Salem and remember going to The House of Seven Gables and The Witch Musuem on field trips. I had to laugh at the Chop Suey sandwiches. My husband loves those!

Toni said...

I absolutely Love Massachusetts. I would totally move there (if I could take my whole family with me. Actually I live so far away from them now it wouldn't make much difference.)

I want to go back to Salem sometime. It was goregeous!

I loved the sandwich too! lol

Tina said...

Never been to Salem but I did visit Boston three years ago. Furthest north I've ever been, and boy howdy was it cold!! It was March so maybe I should have been better prepared...lol

Road the subway by myself to manuever around town. Was there with a friend but she was attending a conference during the daytime. I actually loved the liberating feeling of it! I went all over that town!
Favorites:
Boston Common -- just sitting on a bench and people watching.
Beacon Hill -- trying not to kill myself on the uneven brick sidewalks and gaping at the houses.
Clam Chowder -- for the first time ever!!!

Massachusets seemed like a pretty awesome place to me! Boston has a great energy; maybe from all the college students in the area? Could never live there, though. Too cold! Guess I'm just a Southern girl at heart :-)

Toni said...

Ha! Too cold! I read today that southerners seem to think that the north is cold all the time! (Via @KrisAllen4Real on twitter)

Made me laugh because I think my husband thought that too! Just to set the record straight . . . it's gets hot up north too! lol We just have four seasons there instead of two. :)