Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Has Anyone Seen my Baby?

My Kiddo is growing up so fast it almost makes my head spin!

For the first time the other day I got the "Why?" question. Well, actually it was "Why not?" but I was totally blown away. Where did that come from?

He gets dressed all by himself. He puts his own shoes on. He can hold a conversation with you. All this makes me just stand and stare at him sometimes and think "What happened to my baby?"

A couple weeks ago he told me I was his best friend. It was so sweet. I decided I was going to write that in his book. I figure one day I'm going to have to pull that out and say "Look at this, you once told me I was your best friend."

I wonder how much longer I can count on my kisses having healing properties. All this makes me tear up.

I remember the day he was born. I was holding him and I looked at him and thought. "Oh my word, you're going to grow up and get married and leave me one day, aren't you?" I know that's funny to read (I attribute it to CRAZY baby hormones) but it really is amazing how fast he is growing up.

I'm told (by a number of people) that it's time for him to have a sibling. I'm not sure I agree with that quite yet but I sure am thinking "Where has my baby gone?"

No comments: