Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Tuesday!

randomtuesday

Come play!


1. I HATE fire ants! We don't have them where I live but where my Mother--in-Law lives they thrive! We spent this past weekend there with the ants and they LOVE me. (I think I may be slightly allergic.) Evil little creatures. Noah should have stepped on them both on the ark!



2. One party is over and now it's time to start working on another one. My Kiddo is about to turn Three!!! Yikes! When did that happen? How does a Pirate party sound? I know it's not very origional but he is very into Pirates right now. "Aaarrrrgggg, Matey!"



3. I love the sound of little feet while they're running around and cleaning up toys. The pitter patter back and forth from the toy box. Awesome!



4. This past weekend J, Kiddo and I stayed at my Mother-in-Law's house. (Kiddo and I stayed Wednesday night and then J came on Thursday and we stayed until Saturday.) We all shared my Sister-in-Law's (Bless her heart!) queen sized bed. Where did I sleep? Up against the Wall!!! Where did J and Kiddo sleep? In the middle of the bed! What the . . . ? Needless to say I didn't sleep very well and was VERY happy to be back in my own bed.


5. I have the greatest, most comfortable sheets on my bed. Like sleeping on a cloud.


6. I have never read Pride and Prejudice (I don't know why not, I think I will.) Anyway, I LOVE the movie (Keira Knightly/Matthew Macfadyen version). I think I could watch it over and over again. It's right up there with Sense and Sensibility (Alan Rickman? Yup!!) and Little Women (Winona Ryder version.) These are the movies I decide to watch when I just can't pick anything. Always a pleasure. (Just a note: I like the BBC/Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice too but just not as much as the more recent one.)


7. I hate money! (Well, I would like it more if I had some . . .)


8. If Brett Favre wants to play football then he should play football. I wish he would quit telling us he's going to retire if he's not going to retire. What's the point? Talk about Unstable! This is not because I care, I really don't care anymore. I'm just tired of hearing about it.

10 comments:

Elle said...

Good luck with the party! We are done with kid's parties until next May.

I've never seen any of those movies, except for the older version of Little Women. I did read the book a looooong time ago.

Toni said...

Best movies ever!

Margo said...

I'm with you on the money and the movies. Hope your have a great birthday with your child!

Toni said...

I too hate fire ants after I was on holiday in the Dominican Republic and one decided to bite me on my boob...the little f***er didn't stand a chance after that!

Toni said...

Freaking good for nothing bugs! Evil!

Jenni said...

Nothing is better than nice soft sheets! I loooove my bed!

The Crazy Coxes said...

LOL! I love your random!

Nothing is wrong with the Pirate Party!!! They rock!

Toni said...

Thank you for stopping by! I love visitors!

Unknown said...

I was bitten by a fire ant at my parents this summer. Turns out if you spray some rightgaurd (ya, the deodorant) on the bite it clears up really quickly. Thought my parents were insane when the suggested that, but it worked.

Pirate birthday parties are awesome. Did one for my son a few years ago. I made a really cool pirate ship cake. We did a treasure hunt and other cool pirate stuff.

I hate the fact that money was ever invented, but like you would probably be ok with it if I had more.

OMG.... I was thinking the same thing when I saw Brett Farve (i know that's not spelled right, but it's how it SHOULD be spelled) was coming out of retirement. Again!

Toni said...

Deoderant? Interesting. Unfortunately I don't have any spray on rightguard.

I'm excited to make the pirate ship cake. I'm going to set it on another cake with blue icing, ocean style.