Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday! (on Monday!) I

As I was wandering around the internet last week I came upon this blog: Ramblings and Photos by Ashley Sisk.

On this blog I discovered Scavenger Hunt Sunday, a photo scavenger hunt. I thought this might be something fun to do so I'm linking up!

Disclaimer: I am in No Way a photographer. No way. At All. I have a little Kodak 12 mega pixel digital camera with which to work. So, The following are my responses to this weeks Scavenger Hunt prompts. If you want to check out other peoples interpretations than you can grab this link here check them out.





1. Decay (Old/Abandoned)
Definitely old. Definitely abandoned. Definitely decaying. I was having issues with this prompt because I couldn't think of what to photograph. I decided to take a drive around town and I stumbled upon this. I had totally forgotten it was there and I pass it All the time! I actually managed to find something else also but between the two this was more fun.

2. Groups of Three
Immediately upon reading this prompt this photo popped into my head. I had to honor that, right? Also, a photo of M&M's in groups of three requires you purchase a bag of M&M's. And you know, after you buy a bag of M&M's and open it to photograph the contents then you Have to do Something with the leftovers! Yum!

3. Kitchen 
This is yummy sauce for yummy non-lasagna Lasagna that I made the other day. No great big lasagna noodles to mess with, just use mini pasta shells. The recipe is here: Cheesy Shell Lasagna. I should say the BASE recipe is there. I NEVER follow a recipe exactly (unless I'm baking) I just sort of use it as a guidline and then create my own masterpiece (messterpiece?) around it.

4. Things that make you go hmmmm . . .  
Nothing makes me go "hmmmm" like God's Word. There are so many wonderful nuggets in there and so many other things that make me think. I love it! 

5. "ME" Time
Total "ME" time right there! I know, I know, it's not the best thing for you but I find extremely hard to get Any kind of tan unless I use this. I basically sign up for one month a year and I'm set for the Summer. Twenty minutes all to myself. No one asking for a drink or a snack, no phone calls, no knocks at the door, noses to wipe or hands to wash. Nothing. Total "ME" time!


Well, that concludes my first entry into Scavenger Hunt Sunday. It was so much fun to do this! Thank you, Ashley, for thinking this up! I can't wait to get to work on next weeks prompts!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw you mention the scavenger hunt on Twitter and I was wondering what it was all about. It looks like it would be a lot of fun!

Bethany said...

M&Ms...YUM!
:)

C. Beth said...

I agree, that looks like fun! And you did a great job choosing the photos.

Ashley Sisk said...

That first shot is wonderful. Love it!

Jacqulyn said...

So glad you stopped by. I love our Sunday Scavenger Hunts. It is something I look forward to every week!!! Stop by again, anytime!

jillconyers said...

Great idea for the groups of 3 shot.

Lauren said...

I clicked on your blog from Ashley's site based on your title. Love it. :) And your sauce looks yummy too!

Brooke said...

I love your decay shot - how fun!!!!
And confess that I love tanning too - it is so relaxing :D But, I rarely do it any more - sniff. If only it was good for you - boo!

A'n'G Johnson said...

Welcome to the hunt!