Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Indiana Kiddo

A couple weeks ago the USA Network aired ALL the Indiana Jones movies.

Now, the Kiddo has the Indiana Jones Lego XBox game. So, when I saw that the movies were on I waited for a part that I knew was in the game and called the Kiddo into the room to watch. That was it. He never left the room after that.

My FOUR year old sat through almost an entire Indiana Jones movie. (Scary moments edited by Mommy's "Close your eyes" warnings. Or I changed the channel.) Then later he spied another one of the movies. Once again we watched almost an entire movie. THEN, he discovered that we have them all on DVD!

Ever since he's been begging to watch Indiana Jones. Now, I don't mind him being an Indy fan but I can't just put one of those movies on for him and leave the room. Not yet anyway. But, one day J told the Kiddo he would watch one with him. They watched Indiana Jones and Raider's of the Lost Ark.

The Kiddo loved it. He watched the whole movie.

A little while later I was watching the Kiddo. He had two toys and he put one of them on the arm of the sofa. Then, he did something with his hands and quickly switched one toy for the one on the sofa. He began to walk away, then he stopped, turned around, looked up and took off running.

I watched a couple times trying to figure it out before I asked what he was doing. He told me he was getting the statue and running from the ball. Ahhhh,

I watched more carefully and he was indeed mimicking Indy as he contemplated the weight of the idol compared to the bag of sand, switched them and was then forced to run from the giant boulder.

He even hummed the Indy theme song as he ran from the boulder.

Who needs a TV when you have a four year old to entertain you!?

2 comments:

Raven said...

That is too cute! I love the Indiana Jones movies. They so rock!

C. Beth said...

I love that! Those are great movies, and it's awesome that he's already a fan.