Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Book of the New Year - Percy Jackson

I said that when I finished my books this year I would try to blog about them. Well, I have finished my first book.

Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief

I guess I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

The reason I chose to read this book is because in February (on the 12th) the movie version comes out. It's not really a movie that I would normally rush out to see except that Sean Bean is in it. Therefore, I'll be rushing out to see it.

For some movies I like to read the books first. I like to see what the differences are, what was left out, what was kept in.

I did enjoy the book. It was no Harry Potter but it was fun. I don't know if I can pick a favorite character yet. Maybe Annabeth? We'll see when I move on to the second book.

Speaking of the second book, I'm currently waitng on the library to call me and tell me it's been returned. I hope they hurry.

No comments: