Monday, October 19, 2009

Michael's Visit

On Friday I got a phone call from my cousin Michael. We don't talk super often but we do occasionally have a phone conversation to catch up. When I saw the caller ID on my phone I was expecting another one of those nice catch up phone calls. It ended up being much better than that though.

You see, Michael is in the Army and he called to tell me that he was moving. He had been in Georgia but they decided to send him to Colorado. He told me they gave him seven days to make the journey and asked if we would mind if he stopped by. Of course not!

He let me know that he would most likely be by some time on Saturday. Saturday morning rolled around and I talked to him to find out his location. He was in Louisiana. Great, see ya later.

Later . . . much later . . . no Michael. I wasn't the only one having trouble getting in touch with him. I was in contact with his sister and his Dad and no one was able to get through to him. Thankfully everything was fine. He just a lousy cell provider *Cough*AT&T*Cough* and didn't have service. So he couldn't call us and let us know that he had gotten a tad bit turned around and was going to make it here until Sunday.

Sunday morning J stayed home from church because he wasn't feeling well. I sent Mike a text message to let him know that the Kiddo and I would be at church but J was here to let him in and keep him company.

After church we found out that he pulled in very shortly after we left. I told the Kiddo that we were going to see Michael at our house. The whole way home he talked about Michael. It was cute. When we pulled him Mike was outside, he had just finished a phone call. Well, I got out of the car and gave him a hug and then I got the Kiddo out of the car. He went directly to Michael and gave him a hug. It had been well over a year since the Kiddo had seen Mike. I would be surprised if he remembered him. Anyway, the Kiddo definitely made a friend they had a blast goofing off, playing with the bouncy ball and general guy wrestling stuff.

We had pizza for dinner and then Mike and I went for a nice looong walk (My feet are killing me!) and had a lot of fun just talking and hanging out. We were all sad to see him go (especially the Kiddo who wanted him to stay), but it was nice to have the chance to see each other again.

The Kiddo and Mike.

1 comment:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Very cute! It's always nice to catch up with relatives (especially the ones you don't see very often).