Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

The First Book I Ever Read

Do you remember the first book you ever read? I'm not talking like a Dr. Suess kind of book. I mean the first big book with full chapters that you ever read?

I remember the first one I ever read was a Star Trek Voyager Book (I've told you before that I'm a geek). It was called The Escape. I was twelve years old.

I was at the mall with my Grandfather and there was (I think it's even still there . . . well, maybe) a little comic book shop that I used to love to go in. I was never a fan of comic books but they also had all the Star Trek stuff. You know, the figures and the phasers and the tricorders and all those fun things. Anyway I went in to look around and I saw the book just lying there on the shelf.

I picked it up and read the back and for reason I wanted it. I put it down and ran out to my Grandfather who was waiting for me on a bench outside the store. I remember asking him if he would buy me the book.

He was so sweet (and fond of spoiling). He gave me the money and I ran in and bought it. I showed it to him when I came out. He seemed suprised at the size and asked if I was actually going to read it. I assured him I would. And I did.

It was a very well written book. I can't remember the exact plot (after all I was twelve when I read it) but I can still remember scenes from it. I love when I read a book and I can see it all happening in my head like I'm watching a movie.

I still have the book. Maybe one day I'll have to dig it out and read it again just for old times sake.

Do you remember the first book you read?

No comments: