I've been busy today so I thought I would just hunt down some Christmassy facts for your enjoyment. Everything here was found here. Merry Christmas!!!
* The first president to decorate the white house Christmas tree in the United States was Franklin Pierce.
* Germany made the first artificial Christmas trees. They were made of goose feathers and dyed green.
* Electric lights for trees were first used in 1895.
* "It's a Wonderful Life" appears on TV more often than any other holiday movie.
* Rudolph" was actually created by Montgomery Ward in the late 1930's for a holiday promotion. The rest is history.
* The Nutcracker" is the most famous Christmas ballet.
* Jingle Bells" was first written for Thanksgiving and then became one of the most popular Christmas songs.
* If you received all of the gifts in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas," you would receive 364 gifts.
* Holly berries are poisonous.
* Contrary to common belief, poinsettia plants are non-toxic.
* In 1843, "A Christmas Carol" was written by Charles Dickens in just six weeks.
* The first state to recognize the Christmas holiday officially was Alabama.
* Christmas became a national holiday in America on June, 26, 1870.
* More diamonds are sold around Christmas than any other time of the year.
* In Mexico, wearing red underwear on New Year's Eve is said to bring new love in the upcoming year.