Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas Movies

I can't seem to get away from the Christmas stuff recently (Sorry, Cate).

I'm happy to report that I've seen a few houses around town with twinkling lights and Christmas trees in the windows. It makes me smile.

Around this time of year I like to break out the Christmas movies. The problem with that is that I don't have a lot of Christmas movies. Hard to believe, I know. Actually as far as "Christmas" movies go we have a grand total of four. Three Santa Claus movies (Tim Allen) and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Some of my favorite mood movies:

Little Women. I know this isn't technically a Christmas move (that's why it wasn't on the above list). But it just puts me in a Christmasy mood.

Then there's White Christmas, a classic. Gotta love Danny Kaye (I do anyway. Hehe)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas. How can you have Christmas without the Grinch?

A Christmas Carol. I prefer the movie "Scrooge" (with Albert Finney from 1970). It's a musical and it's so much fun.

Of course there are others however my brain is fried right now and I can't think of them. I'll have to do another Christmas movie post.

What are your favorite Holiday movies?

5 comments:

Aliceson said...

My all time favorite is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Our family loves it so much that we watch it year round.

And I agree about the Grinch. We have that one and my kids love it. In fact they just watched it the other day!

VandyJ said...

The Grinch is a classic, but we have to see Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and for the grown ups we enjoy Scrooged with Bill Murry. Of course we always catch Rudolph's Shiny New Year and The Year without a Christmas(or is it Santa Claus?).
Oh and White Christmas is one of my favorites. We also enjoy While You Were Sleeping(my husband likes Sandra Bullock).

Kendra said...

I love Elf!

kyooty said...

ohhhhhhh I like Miracle on 34th street, but also Meet me in St. Louis! Judy Garland's voice makes me all Christmas

Terra Heck said...

My favorite is A Christmas Story. There's a TV station on cable network that plays it 24 hrs straight on Christmas day. It's kept on that channel the whole time.
My son just bought a 2-DVD pack of Christmas movies. Merry Madagascar and Party Penguins were the movies, based upon the characters from the Madagascar movie. He got it at Sam's Club for $7.97. The kids enjoyed watching that.