Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Book Five - The Loch

I've just finished my fifth book of the year.

The Loch by Steve Alten

3.5 to 4 out of 5 stars

I was attracted to this book for a couple reasons. 1. It about Loch Ness and the "Monster" that inhabits it. That's always interesting. 2. One of the reviews at the beginning of the book said . . . "Michael Chicton meets Dan Brown beneat the waves of Loch Ness." (Dennis Palumbo, author)

If you know me at all you know I'm a big fan of Dan Brown. So, of course that phrase would cause greater appeal.

I enjoyed the book. I wouldn't call it Dan Brown meets Michael Crichton but I still liked it.

It included a lot of Scottish history and a lot of science and it was very entertaining. Lots of edge of your seat, heart stopping kind of stuff.

It also included a very interesting and I would imagine fairly possible explanation to the Loch Ness Monster.

I've always believed in the Loch Ness Monster. I don't know why it would be so hard to believe that a rarely seen species lives in the great depths of the Loch or any other lake or Sea for that matter.

Anyway, if you're interested in the Loch Ness Monster than you might as well give this a try. It will most likely entertain you.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I am very intrigued by the Loch ness monster and totally believe it!

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I found that book a fun and easy read - entertaining sums it up nicely.