Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Successful Failure

Cake! Anybody want cake?

I’ve been interested in cake decorating for a few years now. Nothing major I just did my Son’s birthday cakes mostly. But lately I’ve been practicing a bit more. (This is hard to do when you’re on a diet, I have to say.) I just make a cake when the feeling hits me, decorate it and then give it away. Hehe.

The other day I decided that I was going to attempt to make fondant and then cover a cake with it. Great idea, in theory. I found a recipe for marshmallow fondant, tweaked it a bit and made some awesome fondant.

I made the cake and then set to rolling out my fondant to cover it. I was so happy with the way my fondant turned out. It was perfect. The only problem was that it didn’t make enough to cover the whole cake. Oh well. Next time I know.

I’m hoping to make a fondant covered cake for my sister-in-law’s going to college party. *Crosses fingers*

P.S. I apologize for the state of this blog. I’ve tried to reread it about five times but there are people at my house who are talking very loudly and then someone else turns the television up so the people have to talk louder. Grrr. So, please forgive me for any errors. Have a great day!

No comments: