Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Milkshake Mayhem

It's SO hot here!

We spent the day in the car/shopping. No a/c in the car so it was HOT!

I thought "Milkshakes sound good!"

So, I asked J, "What kind of milkshake do you want?"

He said "Butter Pecan."

I walked into the ice cream place. I need a Butter Pecan milkshake.

Girl Behind the Counter: We don't have that.

Me: OK, Chocolate then?

Girl goes to make the Chocolate milkshake for J and I begin to scan the boxes of ice cream. About 24 flavors in there, 6 of them have labels. Fail.

Girl brings back J's Chocolate shake.

Me: Do you have Cake Batter?

Girl (looks over boxes): No.

Me: Mint Chocolate Chip?

Girl (Looks again): No.

Me: Then you better tell me what kind you have. (I ask this because like I said, hardly any of them are labeled.)

Girl (Looks at all the boxes): Well, what kind do you want?

Me:  - - - - - - - - - -

Uhh, are you kidding???

Me: Well, I just told you three kinds that I want and you don't have any of them so you should probably tell me what you have.

She still didn't get it. I actually had to point at every box and say "What's that?" about every one.

I don't think she's really cut out for that job.

I eventually settled on a Strawberry Chocolate Chip milkshake. Not what I wanted and probably not a flavor I'll get again.

Oh well, it was an experience!

3 comments:

Christina said...

HAHAHA...THIS IS "NOT" FUNNY BUT FUNNY!!! WOW I TELL YA....I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY CAN CALL THEMSELVES AN "ICE CREAM" PLACE WITH NO MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ON HAND...DO THEY WANNA GO BANKRUPT...HELLO!!! HAHAA...

Call Me Cate said...

Sounds like you need to stick to the basics there, huh? Don't get too complicated and make them think! And no mint chocolate chip? They shouldn't be allowed to keep their business license operating with no mint chocolate chip!

C. Beth said...

Nice. They should know better than to mess with ice cream labeling. Don't get between a girl and her ice cream!!