Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Twitter, Celebrities and Being Rude

I've ranted about mentioned this on Twitter before but I'm going to mention it here too.

Some people are so rude!

Let me explain . . .

On Twitter, if you wish to contact me your tweet would look like this: "@Seansmoma Hi, how are you?" That tweet is sent to me. If you would like to mention me, your tweet might look like this: "So, I was talking to @Seansmoma and she likes Christmas." That tweet is also sent to me because you mentioned me.

There are celebrities/famous individuals on Twitter. Lots of them. I don't know how many of them take the time to read their mentions/replies but I know many of them do because I've received replies from some of them.

Where am I going with this? I'll tell you.

When someone tweets "I can't stand that Justin Beiber kid." their followers see that and thats basically where it stops. When someone tweets "I can't stand that @JustinBeiber kid." It's Very possible that that Justin Beiber kid will see that! I'm not picking on him on purpose (And yes, I'm aware I spelled his name wrong. It was purposefully done.) I was just using him as an example.

I just think a bit more discretion could be used when insulting very real people. They might be famous but that doesn't mean they aren't human. They have emotions just like the rest of us and we don't like being insulted. If you must state your dislike for someone, please don't direct that tweet right to them.

I'm just saying . . .

No comments: