Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Germies!

The other night I was sitting on the sofa watching the Patriots annihilate the Steelers (GO PATRIOTS!!!!!)  and I noticed my throat feeling a bit scratchy.

That night I woke up a few times during the night with more scratchy throat symptoms. I've pretty much felt icky every day since then. My throat and my  nose and just feeling blah in general.

Well, yesterday afternoon I had a soda and the Kiddo wanted a drink. I told him not to drink from my soda because I wasn't feeling well and there were germies. He didn't want germies so he left it alone.

Later, I went to do something and when I came back he'd obviously forgotten all about the germies and was happily sipping on my soda. I said "What are you doing?"

He said "I was just thirsty, I'm sorry."

Of course I wasn't mad at him or anything but I did ask "Don't you remember what I said about my soda?"

Suddenly a light went on. His mouth fell open and his eyes became large and he said "Germies!"

The poor Kid sat on the sofa pouting and miserable for a long time after that. I asked him what was wrong and he replied sadly that now he had germies and he didn't want them. Poor thing.

He sure did catch my germies. He had a horrible night last night and woke up with a fever and a blah feeling this morning. Hoping for a Swift Recovery!

No comments: