Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Going Green

It's not easy being Green.

It's expensive! Why on earth are the good things so expensive? If I could afford it I would totally go all green. As it is I can afford a few "green" things here and there but nothing like I would like.

However, in an effort to be more green I have attempted to give up the use of some disposable products.

I HATE doing dishes. Dishes are my least favorite chore and we don't have a dishwasher so it's all by hand around here. Paper/Styrofoam plates, plastic cups and plastics utensils made me happy. No washing necessary. Use and toss.

However, have you seen this? The Great Pacific Garbage Patch This is Sad people! For those of you who don't want to click the link The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is essentially an island the size or Texas or larger in the pacific ocean made of PLASTIC.

I felt kind of selfish about not wanting to wash dishes when I saw this. Seriously? This isn't worth it. We've gone plastic plate and utensil free around here. I would hate to think that I had anything to do with contributing to such a situation.

I would also like to encourage you to properly dispose of your trash. Take the extra two minutes to walk to a trash can before you toss your empty water bottle on the ground. If you see trash on the ground pick it up and throw it away!

We may not be able  to make the problem go away but we can don't have to help add to it either!

No comments: