I Loved it!
If you are not familiar with Destination Truth . . . Why not? It airs on the Syfy network and it's a great show.
The premise is this: A team of investigators/adventure seekers travel around the world searching for the stuff of myth and legend. Bigfoot? They looked for him (a few times). Lake Monsters? Yup, searched for those. Ghosts? Sure, they've investigated a few huntings. Chernobyl? Uh huh, they went there. Elves? Yes, elves. They have wandered through Iceland searching for elves.
While the investigations are interesting and sometimes turn up some very odd evidence, my favorite thing about this show is easily the cast. More specifically, the host, Josh Gates.
Josh is very witty and entertaining and the entire cast seem to work very well together. They make the hard stuff look easy.
Watch Destination Truth.
I loved this book. Well written with a lot of behind the scenes takes on the Destination Truth episodes that I love.
It was VERY hard while reading the book not to stop and read every other paragraph out loud to whomever was in the room. It was that fun and interesting. As a matter of fact, I often gave in and read large portions aloud. Once I even got out of bed to read a page to J. He was as equally shocked as I was by the information I was reading to him. (Chernobyl, anyone?)
At different times while reading I was entertained, amused, laughing out loud, cringing and down right terrified. (Not kidding. Chernobyl, anyone?)
This book will definitely make you want to get off your sofa and travel. Maybe not to Malaysia or Chernobyl but you will absolutely want to travel more. I was in awe as I read the descriptions of the places Josh has been and the things he has seen and experienced. In awe and a little jealous. (But, not of Chernobyl.)
I would definitely recommend this book. It helps if you're a fan of Destination Truth but I wouldn't say necessary. The tales recounted will keep you entertained either way.
How do I get a copy of this awesome book? you may be asking yourself. I have an answer for you! It's available on Amazon here Destination Truth Memoirs of a Monster Hunter in either hard copy or Kindle editions.
You can enter my giveaway here. You see, I received two copies of this book for Christmas and I would like to give one to one lucky reader.
Entries are simple and there are Many ways to enter! Eight way to enter, to be exact!
YOU MUST LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY TO COUNT.
1. This one is Mandatory (Come on, I need at least ONE mandatory entry): Leave a comment here telling me if you watch or have ever watched Destination Truth and why or why not.
Non-mandatory Extra entries.
2. Follow my blog. (Leave a comment letting me know you have been following or are a new follower.)
3. Leave a comment with your favorite Destination Truth episode.
4. Leave a comment with a favorite quote from Destination Truth.
5. Follow me on Twitter: @Justaddjava (Leave a comment, with your twitter name.)
6. Follow Josh Gates on Twitter: @JoshuaGates (Leave a comment with your Twitter name.)
7. Tweet about the giveaway. Include the tag #DTBookGiveaway in your tweet. (Leave a comment, with your twitter name, letting me know you tweeted.)
8. If you have a blog and you want to share this giveaway there, be my guest! (Leave a comment with the link to your blog here.)
The giveaway will close on January 20th. That gives you Two weeks to get your entries in and spread the word! I'll announce the Winner on January 23rd.
There you go! Eight ways to enter. Tell your friends!
P.S. My apologies but currently my giveaways are for US residents only. So sorry to anyone else. :(
(Fine print: I was not, in any way, compensated for this review. I simply Loved the book and since I received two copies I decided to share.)