Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts!

I've been missing Random Tuesday for a long time. Today I thought I would hop back in. If you want to participate in Random Tuesday or, if you just want to read about it then click the awesomely random box below and pop over to Keely's blog!

randomtuesday

1. It's been so long since I've done Random Tuesday I'm not sure I remember how to be random . . . I think I'm off to a good start.

2. Our cable company was not nice to us. We didn't get the CW Network. I called once and asked about it and the lady had NO IDEA what that Network was, she had never heard of it or any of the shows I mentioned (90201, Smallville, Supernatural, Gossip Girl). Anyway, I e-mailed and asked if they planned to add it because I wanted to watch Supernatural and J likes that silly show Smallville. I guess I wasn't the only one because we received a card in the mail letting us know that by the end of the day on the 30th (TODAY) we would have the CW Network! Yay!

3. Saturday J and I went to Trek Expo in Tulsa and I got to meet Mark Sheppard! *Squee* J met Laura Vandervoort from Smallville and V. We also got to listen to William Shatner and Michael Dorn (among a few others) tell some really great and fun stories. I'm going to try to write a blog post on the event. Mainly so I can remember it later.

4. When did The Kiddo get so big? My baby is growing up. I like him at this age, it's fun but . . . WHERE'S My Baby?!!?

5. I LOVE McDonald's Iced Coffee. It's one of my favorite things in the world. However, I can't go buy one everyday. I do have rent and groceries and bills to pay too. So I started making my own iced coffee at home. It doesn't always taste exactly like McDonald's but it's still delicious and I'm enjoying some right now. Much cheaper. Sometimes, I still grab a McDonald's coffee though.

6. I started messing around with painting a bit. I think I may snap a picture of my favorite one (Already two people with grabby hands for that one. Feel bad to sell it to them though, they are family) and post it in a blog.

7. Alright, I think I'm done here for now. It's been so nice playing Random Tuesday Thoughts again! Have a great day everyone!!

7 comments:

VandyJ said...

Mine are growing to fast too. I had to get biger shoes for Turbo last night. Sigh, he was so little not too long ago.

Raven said...

My kids are almost all grown up. One is 15 and trying to get her first job and the other moved out a couple weeks ago. I can't believe how fast it all goes by.

Anjanette Young said...

A fellow Trekkie!! I have never been to a show, that would be so cool!

They do grow like weeds, my littlest one is looking more like a big kid every day, sniff sniff. Good thing we have another little one on the way. What would I do if I didn't have to change diapers, LOL!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I like your random!
I'm with ou - I can't believe how fast babies turn 18 or 21. Where does the time go?

Captain Dumbass said...

My wife and I went to a Trek convention way back when, it was great.

silver star said...

I attended that same convention several times back when they did it at the fairgrounds, I liked it better back then. One year William Shatner was there with Leonard Nimoy, that was a lot of fun, another year I was there Michael Dorn was there, the woman that played Alexander's mom was also around, she asked him which woman he liked better, he said Jadzia, but wanted her phone number. Another year Gary Lockwood hit on my mom, that was hilarious!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, feel free to visit this Okie anytime!

Anonymous said...

Random Thoughts are my favorite day. Keely rocks my socks off for hosting it. I think McDonalds makes better coffee than Starbucks, personally and I crave their coke. Not just "I want to go to a store and get soda", I HAVE to have their coke (and it's like 1/4 mile from my house so I get it a lot.)