Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Avocados Anyone?

I received one suggestion yesterday when I asked for subjects to write about. Cate, from Show My Face suggested I write about Avocados.

You know, I have no idea what an Avocado actually tastes like. Not all by itself anyway. I mean, I love Guacamole, that stuff is fantastic. However, I've never just sliced open and Avocado and ate it.

J's cousins do that. They cut the Avocado in half and eat it with a spoon. I can't do it. I have some kind of mental block or something. It just looks as though it would be mushy and ick. It's much more appealing when its mixed with all kind of other things and called Guacamole.

Now that I'm sitting her thinking about it I can't think of anything else that involves Avocado.

Does anyone have any good Avocado recipes?

1 comment:

Call Me Cate said...

We like to cut them in half, a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and cook them insides-down on the grill. I like them, though I also struggle with the texture of them a bit. Guacamole is yum though!