Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Big Day!

Oh my word! It happened.

The first day of SCHOOL!

I woke my BABY up and took him to SCHOOL!!

My BABY!



I didn't cry at all. Of course, J and my Mother-in-Law were also in the car so I didn't want to cry in front of them. Haha. I held it together.

After I dropped him off I came home, made a shopping list and went to Walmart. Alone. As I wandered through the isles of Walmart, in the middle of the morning, Alone, I began to think. Think about my BABY off at school. Think about how he wouldn't be home with me during the day all the time anymore. I missed him.

I started to feel some anxiety and also a little panicky. I had to slow down and take some deep breaths. A panic attack in the middle of Walmart, not really what I needed.

I managed to make it through just fine though. I came home and made Kid a cake. Green inside and out. Green is his Favorite color! I had intended to make it in the shape of a crayon but I ran out of time.






He had a blast! The first thing he said to me when I picked him up was "I painted!" :)

I heard all about the rest of the day. Kids and playing outside, swinging on the swings, eating lunch, Ms. Hanna (Teacher), painting, reading books. I'm so glad he had a great time!

Now, we just have to do this for nine more months! I'll be used to getting up early by then, right?

3 comments:

C. Beth said...

I'm so glad it was such a great experience!! And mmm...cake...

Call Me Cate said...

I'm glad he had such a great time on his first day! And it sounds like you did well. Distraction is the key to so many tough days...

Kendra said...

Yay! I'm glad his first day went great! I would have cried! Go you!